Meet Jefferson

Meet Jefferson
This is Jefferson: Agility Dog

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Happy Howl-i-days and Meowy Christmas!!




Party time!
Team J-Dawg is still working on front crosses and lateral movement.  But, this week we have not been running agility too much.    We attended the LCDA Christmas party on Sunday and had a great time.  Thanks to the “Pup-a-razzi” for taking such great pictures of us having fun this weekend.


At the party, we pretty much just ate, socialized with friends and ran our doggies in a fun game-like course of jumps and tunnels for one point and A-frame and dogwalk to double your points.  It was a fun run!  We just made up something and ran with our doggies.  What I was so excited about was how FAST Jefferson ran with me and took my direction!  And, the temperatures were in the mid-70s in December…YAY!  Jefferson seemed to be having such a blast running with me and I had a great time too!  

Mom and J-Dawg aka "Santa Paws"
Next, we performed the 24 weave pole challenge.  During his first pass through, he was slow and belabored when he ran and seemed to be thinking,”why am I doing THIS?!” But, not to be discouraged, at the end of the 24 weaves, I sent him into a curved tunnel and called him back to complete the weaves in the opposite direction.  And he successfully completed all 24 weaves, nailing his entry!   What a good boy!  The 24 weaves were still set-up at the field last night, and Jefferson nailed them again but this time faster.  Of all his obstacle performances, I am probably the most proud of his weave poles because I taught these to him.  He does well in getting difficult entries, knowing how to collect to enter the first pole.  At trials, he either does all the weaves, or decides he “doesn’t want to do them” today.  All or nothing.  We are a work in progress...The good thing is that he recognizes all 12 poles as one obstacle, much like a jump or A-Frame.


A "possessed" J-Dawg with Dad
This blog is short today because I do not have much time to write.  With school getting out on Thursday for the holidays and all the additional commitments I have had over the past weekends, afternoons and evenings, I have had no time to neither address my Christmas cards nor make it to the post-office to mail my Christmas packages.  As much as I love agility and writing my blog, I am going to take a hiatus until 2013 when I can share and reflect about our continued Awesome Agility Adventures.





Happy Howl-i-days!!


 

And....Meowy Christmas! 

Hey...don't forget about me!  I WAS here first...
























"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas... perhaps... means a little bit more."
  ~ Dr. Seuss in "The Grinch"



 

2 comments:

  1. The party looked like so much fun. I miss you guys.

    Glad to hear Jefferson nailed the weaves-you should be proud for having taught him those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you guys too!! The party was lots of fun;-)

    Hope to see you at a trial soon. Glad you get to run Lexie again and that Bentley is so close to getting his ADCH. Wow!!

    ReplyDelete