Meet Jefferson

Meet Jefferson
This is Jefferson: Agility Dog

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Honey, I Love...

First place Standard Q Finish!



During a literacy class I am taking, we read the poem, "Honey, I Love" by Eloise Greenfield.  It was such a cute poem, written from a little girl's perspective.  Our instructors had the participants write a list of 10 things that we love; and of course, agility topped my list.  We were prompted to share our top picks with the class, and I received many a strange looks, and lots of inquiries about agility.  (It can be soooo cumbersome to try to explain a running dogwalk, let alone a difficult weave entry to the non-agility person!)  We then were instructed to write a poem, modeled after the form of the "Honey, I Love" piece.  Here is my one stanza (we only had 5 minutes to complete this poem so give me a break!):

Honey, I love 

I love
I love a lot of things, a whole lot of things 
Like
Racing through an agility course with Jefferson running fast
No worries about Q's, just about how our team will last
I like the way he nails those difficult entries to weaves,
But honey, let me tell you that I LOVE that he no longer leaves
I love the way my puppy now runs agility



"All bad poetry springs from genuine feeling."
Oscar Wilde





1 comment: